1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSAC nitrox dive planning / conduct slate

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by Alex Denny, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Hi all,

I lent my BSAC nitrox dive conduct slate (the small square on that comes with the tables) to someone on a course at the weekend, who snapped it in half...

Does anyone have one that never gets used that they don’t want? I don’t need the tables, just the slate (that most people completely ignore)

Thanks!

2. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I may have one somewhere, but can always make your own :)

I use thick card printed and cut up, then laminated with the thicker pouches. Whack a hole in the
    clear bit and stick a lacky band that can get looped on a D-Ring. If you want to get really snazzy
    put four holes two either side add two lacky bands and make a wrist mount :)
    Can do 4 very easily read slates on one A4 and cover most common depths/mixes meaning they
    are always ready to go.

PS: Blank ones also work, just use a sharpie and wipe clean with some spirit.

3. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Thanks Tel - that's handy advice. I was after a "real" one, if possible, only as a training aid and to show people what comes with the tables. I guess I could take the snapped one, and take a photocopy / scan of it and work from there. (I don't actually like the Nitrox version very much - I prefer the run-time version that comes with the BSAC Ox Stop tables and are more in line with the gas planning and dive conduct lectures on the sports diver / twinset / ADP courses, but hey ho!

4. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes can still be a training aid, but even more so :)

If you make your own can hand them out to students who can put that days dive on.
    Make it double sided and you get Dive 1 & 2.

Best bit is they cost pence, so if they (or you) lose them who cares and besides as
    hardly any will buy own tables it encourages good discipline if they have there own :)

I'll still have a look for the genuine one later and will let you know if I find one.

5. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Champion - thanks!

6. drfostergloucester

drfostergloucester New Member

You can buy them from the BSAC shop (shop.bsac.com) for £1!

EDIT: Scratch that they appear to have stopped selling them :(

7. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I did look but not sure the new shop does them. The tables are out of stock too!!

8. drfostergloucester

They used to up until literally at most a few weeks ago...

You could always give the shop a ring who knows what they might still have and be able to get hold of.

9. drfostergloucester

10. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah sorry forgot to reply, didn't have any.

11. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member