1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beauchat vrt80 regs

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Richardc10, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Richardc10

Richardc10 New Member

Hi all
    New to the community and would like some advise.
    I have bought secondhand a full set of Beauchat vrt80 regs and wondered if anyone could advise whether these where suitable for uk diving before I shell out £80 to get them serviced.

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you planning on year round diving or just in the summer months? If you are only diving 6 months of the year then you can likely use any regs, if you want to dive in the colder months then you probably need cold water rated regs.

3. speed098

speed098 Member

There are some good deals on new regs at present which really does question if secondhand plus the cost of a service is really that economical. Just bought a brand new set for £229 which was well under half the RRP.

I do not know anything really about the Beauchat regs I did use some of their other gear on the continent and it seemed well made.
    A quick google does say temperate or cold water use and they are EN250 certified, and balanced first and second stage, with first being diaphram. How they will hold up in UK winter diving those with way more experience on here will have to answer that, but the info I mentioned hints they should be ok.