1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex 12 Litre Twinset

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by Green Goblin, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Green Goblin

Green Goblin New Member

Apex 12 Litre Twinset. Apex cylinders, manifold and twinning bands. Only used for a handful of dives before I fractured my back & neck in a fall. Just about to get back in the water but I now need a much lighter rig.
    O2 Clean. 15 month O2 service due May 18. Bargain at £350.
    Buyer to collect. LL18 6BX North Wales.

Attached Files:

2. Green Goblin

Green Goblin New Member

Delete “Apex”, Insert “Apeks” !!!

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Ouch. Hope all's better with the back.

Been playing with sidemount. It's massively easier to lift to single 12s into the boot of a car / wherever than to lift a twinset. Those would make excellent sidemount tins.

4. Green Goblin

Green Goblin New Member

Thanks Wibble. I suffered a compound fracture in my back (T4), two factures to my neck (C1/T7), 3 x fractured ribs and a fractured finger. It was a good fall! All fractures have now healed but I am still suffering with my neck - a loss of full lateral movement and the occasional ache from my back. Nearly seven months down the line and I'm just itching to get back in the water!
    I've never been a fan of side mounts. I nearly always dive with a video camera and I like the free space around me to manoeuvre into weird and wonderful positions for filming. I am hoping a 7 Litre, 300 Bar set up will be the answer. I did check a colleagues set out the other week and it appears to be a lot easier to manage.

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

That must have been a horrible fall - hope there's a "good" story behind it. Memories of a chap at work decades ago who came in with a full leg cast and wouldn't tell us how it happened. Eventually he told us that he'd been out on the lash with some mates and got a lift in a car that parked on the ground floor of a multi-storey car park. Spirits were high and, being lads, they raced each other to the pub. My colleague simply hopped over the wall for a short cut, quickly discovering that they were in fact on the second floor! Ouch.

Agree with you about sidemount not being for everyone. I've found that my front is quite clear as the tins are pulled back behind my arms. Anyway, the good bit is kitting up which is much easier as the tins are lighter -- a pair of 7's is under 10kg each all in.

6. Green Goblin

Green Goblin New Member

Still for sale!

7. Green Goblin

Green Goblin New Member

Still for sale at a bargain price of £350