1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Missing A Pink Buddy And Some Sp Regs Stolen?

Discussion in 'Stolen, Lost and Found' started by davethedemon, Mar 9, 2011.

1. davethedemon

davethedemon Active Member

2. big si

big si Well-Known Member

The seller claims to be an instructor :poop:, but spells worse than AG and doesnt even know that the pipes between the regs are hoses.
    I for the police to investigate maybe ?

3. Silty Bottom

Silty Bottom in DIRnial

And maybe he's just a thick cnut who can't spell and is trying to big himself up to get a sale.

Ebay and the police won't investigate on a hunch

Major Clanger likes this.
  4. davethedemon

Ebay wont inveastigate period, unless contacted by the police.

5. Elvis

Elvis Banned

Yep looks like it turned out he was and it back fired, oh well at least it shows that the diving community keeps an eye out for these sort of things.

6. big si

big si Well-Known Member

iv just read through 18 pages of it on the other side, i wish i knew it was going on it would of been good to get stuck in before the thread was closed

7. davethedemon

Was it, bugger, thought that was going til friday!

8. Elvis

Elvis Banned

Yer suggsy sent him the link to the thread and he registered and a lot of people started crowing about lynch mobs and the like forgetting that the reason if sparked so much suspicion was that he claimed to be an instructor when he blatantly wasn't and when asked for serial numbers was very cagey, then he started getting all arsey on the thread itself and the anti-lynch mob lot started to look a little foolish.

Just a shame I was busy that evening until after it had been locked looks like it was a right laugh.

9. shortcuts

shortcuts Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the thread and have to hold my hands up to reporting my suspicion of the gear being stolen to ebay, for what it was worth lol.
    I don't apologise for reporting it and, in the end was found to be wrong, but it looked from his behaviour to be well dodgy and my sympathy lies firmly toward unfortunate folk who have had gear stolen. So I don't have any regrets for doing that and he can get as arsey as he likes frankly. He is a plank and if he had gone about things correctly and been honest the thread would not have gone the way it did.
    2p

10. davethedemon

have to agree shortcuts

DD

11. Elvis

Elvis Banned

+1 Both for reporting it, trying my own investigations and the reaction to his attitude.

12. Major Clanger

Major Clanger P-Plated Meg Diver

Love it when divers assume the moral high ground. Good to see witch hunting's alive and thriving. Let's break some eggs to get to the truth, doesn't matter who gets hurt in the cross-fire. The guy's thick and nieve, nothing more. So his advert was misleading. He should work for a cosmetic company, all theirs are. Some users of that other place haven't exactly covered themselves with glory washing this in public. All it needed was a report submitting and leaving at that. Shame on some. No place for kangaroo courts and internet bullying. Deserves what he got you say, bollocks I say. It's left a bad taste. And I'd have said the same over there. Not impressed with the bitching and gloating.

Suggsy and Silty Bottom like this.
  13. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

I like some of the posts saying how they themselves have "dead" accounts for "upping thier bids" and other reasons.
    Kinda felt a bit sorry for the bloke. We have all bigged up items, it was even admitted to in posts on YD.
    I think now that ANYONE selling stuff should now provide purchase details, receipts, and service history before advertising. I think thats what was called for. I know I have none of this for most of my kit.......does that mean I can not sell it or that it is just "dodgy"?

Suggsy and Major Clanger like this.
  14. Elvis

Elvis Banned

Wow straw man anyone.

All he had to do was say, "I'm not a diver I'm selling this for my mum who is" then blatant errors in terminology wouldn't have rung so many alarm bells as it was it looked to me and a lot of others as if it had been nicked, and he kept up the charade far too long and how hard is it to read the serial number off a cylinder or set of regs?

Reports were submitted and Ebay couldn't give a shit, ditto crime stoppers, once those who should have been investigating wash their hands of it what then?

I personally have sat on cases where thieves and fences have only been caught by people doing exactly the same sort of things that have been done on that thread. Some people need to spend some time in the real world and realise that ebay won't lift a finger to stop people fencing stuff on it, so you have to.

If god forbid any of your stuff gets nicked and ended up on ebay would you not want people highlighting dodgy stuff?

15. Suggsy

Suggsy Banned

I didn't like the self righteous attitude of all those thinking they were being clever with someone who clearly struggled with the written word. Everyone writing disparaging comments must be so proud of themselves. :(

Major Clanger likes this.
  16. Elvis

Elvis Banned

It wasn't the lack of ability with the written word it was blatant BS'ing that was not needed, it wouldn't have made any difference if it had been written in perfect English with every comma, full stop and capital in it's place.

17. davethedemon

Totally agree, his lack of knowledge wouldn't have been an issue then

18. davethedemon

He's just posted it all for sale on YD, should be intreasting.

19. Major Clanger

Major Clanger P-Plated Meg Diver

I saw nothing that justified the way this guy was treated. Cowards hiding behind keyboards.

Suggsy likes this.
  20. davethedemon

well we all know that goes on here aswell.