1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in North Yorkshire?

Discussion in 'Dive Buddy Finder' started by Nigel Wilford, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Nigel Wilford

Nigel Wilford New Member

Hi, looking for a small group to join around North Yorks (Nr Scotch Corner). Keen to do shore/boat dives.
    I've just completed my AOW, but am relatively new to diving.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Check the bsac website club finder section ?

3. Nigel Wilford

Nigel Wilford New Member

I'm PADI not BASC will it matter - not looking to spend hours in a pool converting qualifications.

4. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Quick answer no it shouldn't. Take a look and contact any local clubs explaining your requirements. Go meet them me see if it floats your boat.

Nigel Wilford likes this.
  5. clique

clique Active Member

Nope shouldn't matter at all, what'll happen at pretty much any club worth their salt is you'll turn up and explain that you're PADI AOW trained and they'll offer you further training to BSAC Sports Diver level (which is about on par with the PADI rescue diver) or just leave you to dive within your existing qualification. It's no big deal.

If you're after my opinion, you'll find shore / boat dives in this country thin on the ground this time of year. While the sea misbehaves, it's much more common to head to the inland sites for winter. So spending some time in the pool doing the further training (opinions aside, Sports Diver is seen as above Advanced Open Water within the BSAC system) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - any port in a storm eh?

Mike

6. chris preston

chris preston New Member

Hi there I am in Northallerton and struggle to find buddy's.
    Am fairly new my self, I try and get to ellerton when I can if I can find people who want dive.
    I am keen on shore diving, having a good look round for stuff and grabbing the odd lobster. I am looking at getting a fishing boat in the near future so should be quite productive on the sore diving front

7. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Sore diving, you can keep that thankyou

8. chris preston

chris preston New Member

Hi Nigel,
    I am from Northallerton and qualified as a padi diver but have just joined the BSAC club at redcar gare. They are known as Teesside 43 and have their own boat and compressor. They are worth a look, not clicky just love diving.

9. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

A friend was in a BSAC club in/nr Darlo, can get details if you want.

Also I think 4th Element might run some type of PADI club & Neil there is a decent chap.

I'd probably give the BSAC Chris Preston option a try first though.