1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice on photo/video editing software, please

Discussion in 'Underwater Photography/Videography' started by Chimpus, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Couple of dives I'm booked up on and still showing several spaces.
    Dive125 out of Eastbourne, individuals days:
    • Sat 27th - Persiana - Mid Channel - 45m - 9:45am load
    • Sun 28th - Nyon - 40m - 11:45am load
    Both wrecks are great dives. I like Dive125 as they're happy with long run times - around two hours for those.

2. Chimpus

Chimpus New Member

Hoping that the more experienced filmographers on here might be able to help with some advice and guidance!
    My daughter has a go-pro camera and likes to film during her dives. She does not currently use a red filter, so most of the recordings she has are lacking “warmth”. Is there any relatively cheap, user friendly video/photo editing software that you could recommend to allow her to adjust the colour tones? She is hoping to use some of her film footage for a college project that she is working on.

Any advice you can offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Paul.

3. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

What system are you using? GoPro has some free software, and if you’re using Apple try iMovie.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk

4. Chimpus

Chimpus New Member

Thanks @timmyg , it's my daughters camera and is actually a go-pro lookalike, SJcam SJ4000
    I will take a look on the SJ website and see if they do any software...

5. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The GoPro software will work with any media if it’s on your computer so it’s worth a download.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk

Chimpus likes this.
  6. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

Lightworks is a very good free video editor. It allows you to change the colour balance on highlights, lowlights and midtones.

If it's good enough for Quentin Tarantino and Danny Boyle, it's good enough for me!

Chimpus likes this.