1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost there

Discussion in 'New to Scuba Diving' started by Vxrmatt, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Vxrmatt

Vxrmatt Member

Completed all my OD pool work this week. Out of 5 people I'm the only one. I even had to show what to do in an OOG situation and a CBL. They all have to dive next week as in I only have the theory to do.

Next step out at sea and then hopefully I'll pass the theory

Doomanic likes this.
  2. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Nice one.

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Interesting approach - I'm only a month ahead of you. I did half the theory before the first two confined water dives, finishing it that evening and then confined three and four a week later. I found working through the theory in advance was good for me but different dive centre, different times available. As long as you get through it all - and passing the theory is just demonstrating that you understand the basics, it's not rocket science.
    Getting out of a pool and into the sea was great for me. So good to be able to swim in a straight line longer than three metres! We had a swell one day that made getting around the pier where we started interesting - just keep finning and ignore the fact that you are going backwards and then suddenly launched forwards.
    Where are you doing the sea dives?