1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Active topics?

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by Woody, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Woody

Woody New Member

Hi since you've had this new forum, In the time I have to use it, I've found it hard to get into as I cannot seem to find an "active topics" button to show me all the titles of the active topics, so I would know what may interest me to read, like you had on the old forum.
    Is this facility on here or am I missing something, if its not on here, can it be added?

Cheers
    Woody

2. John_c

John_c New Member

top left of the page... :thumbup:

View New Posts | View Today's Posts |

3. Woody

Woody New Member

but that just gives me the ones (I guess) since I last visited, I can't adjust the time they are from (say, from 2 hours ago instead of when i last looked at a half hour ago or from 2 days ago etc), only todays or new ones?

4. John_c

John_c New Member

Yep.. :( true

5. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

I am on here most days, so I haven't experienced this as an issue BUT there is a rather cranky workround.

If you go to the HOME page (link top left), then the sub-fora with new posts (since your last visit) have a blue icon, and the dead fora have a grey icon.
    When you then go into a forum, it will display the sticky threads and then threads from up to "X" days ago. You can set "X" in a drop-down box at the bottom right - mine is defaulted to 50 days, and I have no idea whether or not this is a general setting to a profile, or whether you set it on a forum-by-forum basis.

None of the mods can do anything about the setup of the forum, so if you have a new feature request, contact the owner (PeterT) direct.

Hope this helps,

Chris

6. Badknees

Badknees Meg Pilot (retired) and Forum KGB

Mate it's a 2 year old thread so I'm not sure there is still an issue. It was restarted by a prick who last night who was posting shit all over the place.

BK

7. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

doh!

(well banned, by the way)